In 1602, a famous Lithuanian soldier and owner of the Kretinga Manor, Jonas Karolis Chodkevičius, established a Franciscan monkhood, which was trusted to take care of the first church of Kretinga and the pastoral care of its residents. Soviet authorities closed the monastery, but the Franciscan brothers, who returned to Kretinga during the times of the Revival, continued the missionary and educational activity. The Franciscans activated the town's life by organizing the most beautiful festival of the town - St. Anthony's feast, a Mass on Christmas Night and poetry evenings.
Address: Vilniaus str. 2, Kretinga
Coordinates: 55.891647, 21.243101