Near Darbėnai marketplace was built a wooden church in 1782 that burned down during 1831 rebellion. In its place count Juozapas Mykolas Tiškevičius built a Romantic era architectural forms stone and plastered bricks church in 1838-1842 by architect Frydrichas Gasbenas project. Wooden tower was set in 1886, stone tower in 1911. Church burned in 1935 and was rebuilt by faithful funds in 1936.
In church hangs a portrait of the first Samogitian Diocese bishop Motiejus Trakiškis (1370–1453).
In the churchyard stands a belfry, a few monumental crosses and crucifix.
Address: Turgaus str. 3, Darbėnai
Coordinates: 56.022468, 21.253844